Monday, October 20, 2008

Whirlwind Trip Part I

Kasi and I traveled back to KC this past weekend. We both arrived in KC just minutes apart to start what was going to be a busy weekend. After my mom (she was not at the gate when I arrived, but sis was) picked us up we visited my friend Nancy who was in the hospital. Then after a short visit with Nancy we were off to the Lenexa Chili Cook off. The evening night air was perfect for October weather for hanging out with friends from Garmin. My friend Ben and his wife Jennifer were there along with their daughter Isabella who has gotten so big in four short months.

The following day Kasi and I went to pick up her little sister Malikia and the three of us went out to lunch. Malikia picked the Pizza Shoppe as our destination and soon we were enjoying pizza and salad with the pink stuff (which is one of the best dressing ever). After that we hijacked a golf cart at Suburban Lawn and Garden to check out the pumpkin patch there. Needless to say driving a golf cart around 40 acres can be lots of fun.

1 comment:

jlo said...

Thank you for mentioning your favorite sister meeting you at the airport. As I remember, I was the only one at the gate!