Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whirlwind Trip Part II


After dropping Malikia off I took Kasi over to Amber and Kris house so she can do their family photographs. I went home to make some sushi and then headed over to Scott and Kristy house for the evening. The evening was another perfect October night and Scott had a fire going on the patio. Hamburgers were on the grill and drinking was well under way. After the burgers were eaten there was one little treat that I was not aware of. Kasi worked with Scott, Kristi, and Amber who turned the evening into a birthday party for me. Scott got all the people gathered while Kristi got the food ready and Amber baked a cake for my 32nd birthday. While the cake was a huge surprise the best part was when Kasi walked out of the house and the wind blew out all the candles. The look on Kasi's face was priceless and everyone got a pretty good laugh out of it. As the night continued the temperature was getting cold and we all retreated indoors to play some Rock Band on the Wii. Everyone took turns beating the drum set, plucking the guitar, or trying to do there best impersonation of Bon Jovi.


Sunday morning I helped mom with some yard work while Kasi went to go get her hair done. For three months all I heard about was getting the hair done. Well when she got back I must say that I was impressed with what was done. After her return Janelle showed up with grandma and we all ate some of mom's chili. After awhile it was back to the airport to head back to our other lives. While there Kasi took a beautiful picture. I suggested that she submitted it to avweb.com where she won the weekly contest. Now the two of us have won picture of the week.

2 comments:

rsusan said...

I love the expression on your face. And Amber too.

KevinandKasi said...

I know, it was classic!